The starting point for the ascent is mountain house Orlove stine (1050m altitude) located in picturesque mountain village Zelovo. This route is characterised by extraordinary natural beauty seen in the contrast of beech forest and Dalmatian karst.
The view from the top of the mountain is a special experience and one of the most attractive sights in Dalmatia. You can see central-Dalmatian islands Vis, Brac, Hvar, the Kornati, mountains Velebit, Dinara, Kamesnica, Biokovo, Mosor, lake Peruca and it is even possible to see Italy if the sky is clear.
On our return a warm and delicious lunch can be served in the mountain hut.
Included in price
- Departure days:Every day
- Availability:All year through
- Total distance:11 km
- 08:30 hDeparture from Split
- 09:20 hArrival to the mountain hut „Orlove stine“
- 09:30 hHiking to Svilaja peak
- 12:30 hBreak on the top for snack and sightseeing
- 13:00 hComing back
- 15:00 hLunch at the mountain hut (optional)
- 17:30 hArrival at Split